Here is a bit about the “Do Something Little, Help Something Big” initiative:
· Both Energizer Canada and Evergreen are working together on their “Do Something Little, Help Something Big” initiative in which Energizer is proud tocontribute $100,000 to Evergreen to make cities more liveable.
· For each pledge, Energizer will donate an additional $1 to Evergreen.
· Evergreen is a not-for-profit organization that is committed to making Canadian cities greater and more liveable… creating a more sustainable future for all of us.
Our life has been a little on the stressful side over the past few months and in the midst of all that anxiety it can be really easy to let the small- but important- things slide. This program gives us all the chance to recommit ourselves to making a difference in our families, communities and in the world.
Here are the 5 pledges I made:
1. I will tell my kids how much I love them
I tell my kids I love them every day. I always have because I believe it is incredibly important for children to know they are loved! But when I am stressed the "I love you"'s are said a little too quickly and off-handedly sometimes. So I am committing to look my children in the eye and tell them I love them- to slow down and watch closer and respond quicker to the times when they need more- a longer hug, my undivided attention, a listening ear... the practical ways we say I love you.
2. I will donate to the local food bank
I am actually pretty passionate about the importance of charitable giving. There are a lot of children in our country who go to bed hungry every night, parents who have to chose whether to pay the rent or feed their family that day, kids who go to school hungry every day... and it doesn't have to be that way. I will be making regular donations to our local food bank to help erase hunger from our community.
3. I will donate clothes to charity
We have too many clothes. It is ridiculous really. I got rid of a lot of clothes when we moved but I need to go through and get rid of more. There are certainly people who need them more than we do!
4. I will donate books to the library
I have shelves and boxes and more boxes of books. I don't need them all. I can share.
5. I will do laundry in off-peak hours
We are actually trying to do this with our laundry and dishwasher as well. It costs less to run things in off-peak hours and it is better for the environment. Win-win.
Be sure to head over to the Now That's Positive Energy website and make your own pledges!
Disclosure – I am participating in the Energizer Canada & Evergreen “Do Something Little, Help Something Big” program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Energizer Canada & Evergreen. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.