- The Tag Reading System encourages children to learn to read and to love reading as words talk, pictures sing and stories live out loud!
- The Tag library includes over 40 books and games based on favorite TV, movie and classic tales
- Tag storybooks and learning activities help children build reading skills such as vocabulary, phonics and reading comprehension
- The Tag Reader holds audio for up to 10 books at a time and is sized to fit small hands with a no-slip grip
- Parents can connect the Tag Reader online to collect fun rewards their child has earned and to see their child's play
What I loved:
- it is educational and encourages reading
- it is easy for my daughter to use
- the books have characters she knows and loves in them (like Princess Tiana and Tinkerbell) and are bright and colourful and very kid-friendly
- it is easily portable and could be taken in the car and on trips
- it can be used with headphones so it really can be used anywhere
- there are tons of different activities to do in each book
- Olivia (age 4) really enjoys it and plays with it often
What I did not love:
- it takes batteries. I wish it was rechargeable.
- it requires an internet connection to download the stories
- the initial set up takes ages because you have to connect online, set up an account, download the story etc..
-the included book sucks and in order to really enjoy the Tag you need to purchase a different book right away
- the books are not as cheap as I would like them to be
- it claims to be for kids age 4-8 but my 7 & 8 year old sons have not been very interested in it at all. That could change if we purchased books more to their liking though.
Overall I am pleased with the Leapfrog Tag Reading System. I think it is a clever idea and would make a great gift for most younger children.
Thanks so much to Leapfrog Canada for sending me the Tag Reading System to review.