Saturday, September 25, 2010
She looks so sweet and innocent doesn't she?
But don't let her looks fool you. She is a walking disaster dressed in pink.
This is a partial list of the things she has done in the past two days:
1. drew with red crayon on the wall of the boys' bedroom
2. drew with blue crayon on the chairs
3. drew with red marker on my couch, loveseat and chair
4. tore the pages out of two books- one was her little princess bible which she had taken outside to show her friends and then tore pages out and threw them on the ground for some unknown reason, and the other was my pink pocket bible that I have had since I was 13. That bible managed to survive all of my highschool years, a trip half way around the world to Nepal, 6 years of post secondary education and 11 years of marriage. But one afternoon with my 3 year old and it is toast. Apparently she has it out for bibles this week.
5. peed on the carpet
6. squashed juicy red raspberries into my carpet
7. drew with permanent marker in about 15 of my books
8. tossed the picnic lunch I made for her and the boys all over our yard for the birds to eat
9. slept with a bright pink marker... with the cap off... putting bright pink marker blotches all over her jammies, sheets, comforter and pillow.
10. removed all the folded clothing from her drawers and put them back unfolded in random drawers just for fun
I think I'll stop there because the list is depressing me. It's a good thing she is so darn cute and constantly says things like "I wuv you mommy" and "you're the bestest mommy in the whole world".
Ironically she wasn't angry or doing a tantrum during any of these events. She was "just playing". And of course she apologized frequently. "I sowwy mommy. I so so sowwy". Hard to resist that kind of apology.
I will not miss the 3-year old ability to create disasters wherever they go.
Someone tell me why I bother cleaning this house again?