If you are going to Blissdom Canada be sure to put your blog link or twitter link (or both) on the Mr. Linky below!!
Here’s what to do:
a) Cut and paste the quiz onto your blog.
b) Delete my answers (after carefully studying and committing each to memory. What?).
c) Answer the questions (feel free to embellish and totally make stuff up. I do it all the time).
d) Tweet a few of the bloggers you’d love to get to know better and invite them to play along.
e) In the comment section below, leave a link to your blog where you've answered the quiz questions.
1. Did you attend Blogher10?
No... I WISH!! I dream of attending Blogher11 though.
2. Are you attending BlissdomCanada this fall?
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!! (I'm just a little excited... can you tell?)
3. When are you at your blogging best – a.m. or p.m.?
PM for sure... but mostly anytime when I don't have my three kids hanging all over me!
4. How many blogs do you have? (Include the links)
1. this one ( http://tarasviewoftheworld.com)
2. a book review blog (http://tarasviewonbooks.blogspot.com)
5. What technical skill would you like to learn to improve your blog?
I would love to learn all that fabulous html stuff ... I am pretty challenged when it comes to all that.
6. Do you prefer the sound of silence or does action abound while you blog?
Silence or quiet music. No yelling kids. No fighting kids. No doorbells or phones ringing. Ideally no annoying kid cartoons playing in the background. Although I almost enjoy having The Little Mermaid or Finding Nemo or other classics playing... odd.
7. Do you include the names of your family in your blog?
Yes I do.
8. Do you post pictures or videos of your children?
Pretty much daily.
9. What’s the grossest thing you’ve spilled on your keyboard?
I haven't spilled a thing... but my daughter spilled coke once and there is unknown crumb bits and other disgusting things hidden under the keys... the disadvantage of having a white Mac keyboard with see-through sides. Icky.
10. Ever posted something you wrote while intoxicated?
Nope... although I have posted while taking migraine medications which is probably fairly similar!
11. Do you go back and edit old posts just because you can?
Only if I find a spelling mistake or something that truly horrifies me. Barely ever though.
12. Have you ever suspected somebody took something you wrote and pawned it off as their own?
Yes. I once found a contest post of mine posted EXACTLY as I had written it... same product, same giveaway, same entry methods including the phrase "send me a tweet @tarasview"... clearly the copier didn't proofread before they posted. I got dozens of @tarasview tweets that day and had no idea why!
13. Does your spouse read your blog? What do they say about it?
Yes he does... he doesn't say much about it really but I think he finds it fascinating. He tells other people about it more than I do! You can find him HERE and HERE.
14. What’s something cool/positive/unexpected for you, that has resulted directly from blogging?
I GET TO GO TO BLISSDOM CANADA!! And I got a job... my boss found me though my blog :)
15. Link to a post (or a few) which demonstrate your writing style:
- Letter to My Son
- The Anatomy of a Play-Date
- What do you DO All Day
- Actual conversation 5 minutes ago...
- Aiden and Owen DO exist...
16. Name a blog(s) that makes you exclaim, "Damn! I wish I'd written that!"
- I love the posts at www.5minutesformom.com, I just love Janice & Susan. I also love the posts from their sister sites www.5minutesforspecialneeds.com and www.5minutesforfaith.com .
- Sarcastic Mom takes brilliant pictures that tell a story without words.
- Imbeingheldhostage from In The Gutter tells the story of her daily life beautifully.
- Stephanie Snowe cracks me up in one post and makes me cry in others.
- Amanda from One Day at a Time shares her heart and is so real that it brings tears to my eyes regularly.
- Gillian from PocketLint is so beautifully honest.
- My boss (aka Shash) from Shasher's Life and the two ladies I work with (Tanya from Dreams, Diapers & Dilemmas and Ruth from Mom's Musings ) all write very enjoyable blogs and great articles too.
I could go on and on and on... but I won't. (you're welcome).
Are you playing along? Leave your link here!