So my back has just been KILLING me lately. I mean seriously, this is getting ridiculous.
Remember months ago when we moved I "sprained" my back and it took weeks and weeks to get over? Well, I thought I was all done with that nonsense.
Apparently now I needed to hurt a DIFFERENT part of my back just to keep things interesting.
I have a knot the size of a golf ball near my shoulder blade and the pain from it radiates all the way through my shoulder and down my right arm causing my hand and fingers to go tingly and numb. Nice eh? Makes all this typing especially enjoyable. Not to mention all those pesky parenting and housekeeping jobs of mine.
Ok, who am I kidding. I haven't been doing any real housekeeping lately. Hopeless I tell you.
But I HAVE been doing more than enough parenting to make up for it. What is with my kids this week??? Olivia has to have her front teeth pulled then turns 3 the next day and has fully embraced the power of NO. Owen decides to disappear from his school during the middle of the day only to be picked up on the side of the highway by an angel disguised as a regular mom and brought to safety. Aiden has had one of THOSE weeks where his Autism is a little more obvious than usual. And my two sons can't stop fighting for more than 3 seconds at a time. Seriously.
Tonight? At church? Owen full on threw his dad's bible at Aiden.
Yep. That's a pastor's kid for ya.
ANYWAY the point is my back pain is killing me and it is just not making it any easier to handle life.
And did I mention it was -40 today? That didn't help either.
Now my hand is tingly and numb and darn cold too.
I clearly need to go back to the Chiropractor soon. But it costs money. And Christmas is in less than 2 weeks. And I feel bad spending money we could be using for Christmas. I LOVE Christmas. I do NOT love having a wrecked back.
So I was researching some home-remedy stuff on the computer today (have I told you lately how much I love my computer?) and I found some interesting advice (other than the exercise stuff I already know but barely ever do of course... and you can see how well that plan is working for me):
1. put ice on it... clearly that person doesn't realize we live in a giant icecube right now and I am waaaayyy to cold for that nonsense.
2. get a massage... with all the extra money we have. And yes, my husband does help with this but sadly he is a pastor instead of a trained masseuse. Any trained masseuses want some free PR? I'm willing to do a trade.
3. take over the counter pain meds like Robaxacet... which sounds like a great idea until you remember back to when you took them last time and hurt yourself more because it masked the pain a little too well and then the pain came back even stronger when the meds wore off.
4. take a nice long soak in the bathtub... which I would love to do except my bathtub is made for elves... or little people... or children. Not plus sized women like myself. Stupid small tub.
and then finally an idea I might actually be able to use...
5. use a natural pain relief remedy
SO then of course I needed to find a "natural pain relief remedy". I did a search and found some great reviews for various products and most of them honestly sounded rather icky- greasy and stinky. I did find one that claimed to be odourless and non-greasy- Lakota. Most of my experience with Lakota has been limited to the commercials I've seen so I read a bunch of the reviews and apparently people like it! Have any of you ever tried it?
I checked out the Lakota website and they have two products geared specifically to back pain. The first one is called Triple Strength back pain which seems to be more geared to lower back pain and the second is called Back Pain Roll-on which actually sounds perfect for my muscle pain. Good, clear, straight-forward names. I like that. According to their website (they have a store locator) I can even buy it at 3 different stores in my town including Walmart and Shoppers Drug Mart.
I think I am going to give it a try.