This Christmas why not consider giving a gift that will help those less fortunate than we are?
Through the World Vision Gift Catalog, you can make a donation to dozens of different projects around the world to help children and families in need. It’s much better than giving an impersonal gift card or a last-minute purchase like a sweater, and the donations can go a long way to promoting health and wellness in the developing world. These items make great gifts for moms, dads, grandparents AND children! The World Vision Gift Catalog is a wonderful opportunity to give great, inexpensive gifts that no one will want to exchange.
The World Vision gifts are a great value for people trying to pinch their pennies and please their loved ones. And they stretch a family’s “giving dollars” this year because, thanks to corporate product donations and government matching grants, many of the gifts will help provide much more than the $25 gift! A sampling of inexpensive gift items include:
- $16 will buy two soccer or basketballs for a child
- $17 will buy improved hybrid or drought-resistant seeds for a nourishing harvest and income
- $18 will buy enough bed nets to protect an entire family from malaria
- $25 will provide $350 worth of school supplies in the U.S.
- $25 buys two chickens to provide a lasting source of nutrition and income for a family
Last year alone, World Vision’s Gift Catalog raised $25 million and provided assistance to more than 500,000 people around the world.
World Vision launched the Gift Catalog in 1996. And while a goat ($75) may be World Vision’s number one seller, there are more than 100 gifts (many under $35) to choose from.
To order: www.worldvisiongifts.org. Or call toll-free (888) 511-6511. All items are tax-deductible.