I was tagged... um... well... MONTHS ago by the lovely Tami at Tree Swing Reading to do this meme. I intended to post this ages ago but sadly my brain has been rather scattered and I completely forgot! So here is my VERY late post!
Here are the rules if you get tagged...
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag sixish people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know he or she has been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
6 Random Christmas-related THINGS about me:
1. My birthday is Christmas Day. This year I will be turning 33. I love love love love Christmas.
2. When I was a child I would get up at the earliest possible moment my mother would allow so I could open my stocking. My mom often had to make me stay in bed until at LEAST 6 am. I am paying for that now since MY children get up that early on a really regular basis.
3. I believed in Santa until one year my mom and I were going to my grandparents for Christmas. My mom was packing up our stuff to go and I found a box of presents that were labelled "To Tara from Santa". My mom tried to convince me Santa had just dropped them off at our house early but I KNEW it was all a fraud. I was most annoyed. But I am still glad I believed in Santa for as long as I did. It was great fun.
4. I am totally perpetuating the "I believe in Santa" lie to my children now. And I love it still. The other day my 5 year old son Owen said to me "Mom... did Santa go visit baby Jesus when he was born too?". It took me a second but I told him that St. Nick was not born until MANY years after Jesus but that he definitely believed in Jesus. Good answer eh?
5. I am totally excited to open the presents our son's made us at school this year. They are hiding on a shelf right now. I NOW understand how a mother can be just as happy with a homemade gift as one that is purchased. I couldn't care less if my son's don't spend money for a gift, I just LOVE that they even thought to make us something! Ok... their TEACHER'S thought to make us something but they agreed to do it and that is good enough for me.
6. I am not the one who cooks our Christmas dinner. My wonderful husband does that. I make the gravy though. And the whipped cream for the pumpkin pie. I use the excuse that I shouldn't have to do all that cooking on my birthday but in reality my husband is just a really excellent cook and actually ENJOYS cooking. Go figure.
Now I will tag these lovely people:
Amber at We May just be a little more Crazy than Cool.
Shelley of Ink Scrawls.
Heather of Titus 2 Woman.
Natasha of The Soothie Ranch.
Nicole at Relimom.
Lindsey of A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts.
Hey. Let’s be friends.
8 hours ago