I was tagged by my lovely bloggy-friend Amanda to do this meme all about me and my first baby- which would be Aiden.
1. Were you married at the time? Yes
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Shocked
3. How old were you? 25
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? Home pregnancy test
5. Who did you tell first? My husband Doug
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Absolutely
7. Due date? Aiden was due on May 14th, 2002
8. Did you deliver early or late? Early- he was born on April 30
9. Did you have morning sickness? no. I had all-day sickness.
10. What did you crave? fresh baked apple pie and whipped cream
11. Who irritated you the most? EVERYONE
12. What was your first child's sex? Boy
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 26
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Yes, lots. I went into pre-term labour at 26 weeks which the Doctor's were able to stop with meds. I had high blood pressure and toxemia. It pretty much sucked.
15. Where did you give birth? McMaster University Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario
16. How many hours were you in labor? 12 hours
17. Who drove you to the hospital? My sweet husband.
18. Who watched? My husband, 2 nurses, 3 doctors ( I hemoraged) , and one med student.
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Vaginal
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Absolutely- sweet sweet Epidural
21. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 12 ozs
22. What did you name him/her? Aiden Josiah
23. How old is your first born today? 6.5 years
If you would like to read my ... um... somewhat rant like version of birthing my children you can go HERE. Apparently it is very funny. For everyone else. Oh child bearing, how you mock me.
Thanks for tagging me Amanda!