So yesterday I had to go to the city for a doctor's appointment and we went to the airport to pick up my parent-in-laws. They are visiting from Ottawa to attend Doug's ordination service on Sunday.
Basically here was my day....
1. Get everyone up and ready for the day.
2. Drive. For a really long time.
3. Register at the hospital.
5. Wait some more.
6. Have an ultrasound done on my thyroid that took about 5 minutes.
7. Wait again.
8. Wait in a different place.
9. Eat a rather unsatisfactory and expensive lunch in the hospital cafeteria.
10. Wait some more.
11. Still waiting while trying to entertain Olivia in a room full of sick people.
12. See the specialist for my 3 minute appointment. The good news is that I don't have cancer in my thyroid. Bad news is that my body is still attacking my thyroid and it will just shut down eventually.
13. Wait some more.
14. Wait in a different place.
15. Have a 2 minute blood test done.
16. Bleed all over my shirt and jacket from the poke in my arm.
17. Drive to the airport to pick up inlaws.
18. Have a short visit with my brother-in-law who has a knee injury... poor guy.
19. Drive for a long time home.
20. Arrive home and get everyone settled.
Ya. So basically we spent an inordinate amount of time waiting for no new information. Love it.
Olivia was a super good girl and entertained many people in several different waiting rooms.
We are enjoying our visit with the in-laws. Olivia isn't playing strange at all which is nice.
And while I was gone all day my sweet mother cleaned and did some laundry for me while looking after my sons... she rocks.
AND Owen went ice skating for the first time ever (with his class) and he loved it and did great! Yahoo!
AND Aiden did so well in school today that he got a sticker! And no one got hit, or stuff thrown at them! I am so proud.