I was tagged by Queen to My Three Boys to tell you all 7 Seven Weird Things About Me.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
As many of you already know there are FAR more than 7 weird things about me but I shall try to narrow it down for you...
1. I have three dads, none of which keep in touch with me. The first is my birth dad whom I haven't seen since I was 7. The second is my first step-father, Tom, who only stuck around briefly and is now an artist in California who refuses to answer my emails. The third is my step-dad Ije. He is a really great guy who believes in Jesus but who also struggles with a drug addiction. He left one day and we haven't seen him since. He is a musician and ballroom dance instructor. He is also very tall and very black. My mom is very small and white. They made a fascinating couple. I wish he would get in touch with us.
2. The house I am living in now is the longest I have EVER lived in one home. We have lived in this house for almost 3 years. When I was growing up we moved at LEAST once per year. I never went to the same school for longer than 2 years. Why? My mom just liked to move.
3. I have trouble fitting in... to anywhere. I don't fit in at church. I don't fit in the community. I just don't fit in. And I am ok with that... most of the time.
4. I have vivid recurring unpleasant dreams... not quite nightmares but not enjoyable either. I don't know why. One such dream is where I am going somewhere and have to pack up a LOT of stuff and can't get it packed on time. It is very frustrating. Another one is where I am going to some sort of school-type place and I am supposed to be in a certain class and I can't find the classroom, can't find my locker, can't remember my schedule etc. etc. I hate that one.
5. I don't mind when my kids draw on the walls or the furniture or the floor. I also don't care if they jump on the beds or the couch. My husband REALLY cares. But I only make them stop because it means so much to him. He says that if we let them do it here they will think it is ok to do it everywhere. That may be. He is far more sensible than I am.
6. I don't like to drink milk. I think it tastes icky. Chocolate milk is good. Creamier beverages such as milk shakes are yummy. Plain milk... nope.
7. I have taken one year each of jazz dance, gymnastics, figure skating, piano, accordion, sewing, horseback riding, volleyball, basketball, track and field, ballroom dancing, drama, and art. Apparently I have a commitment issue when it comes to extra-curricular activities.
Like I said, I have far more than 7 weird things about me but that is enough for now!
I will tag Amanda, Jinny, Kelle, Young Mom In the Big World, In the Gutter, and Robyn.