This has been Owen's first week of pre-kindergarten (called junior kindergarten in some places, preschool in others). He is really enjoying it so far and I'm proud of him.

This is a picture of him running to school on his first day... he was very excited.
And here is Owen in his classroom the first morning. He didn't even care that I was leaving him there. He was good to go.
However, AFTER school was rough. He had to leave his inside shoes at school and that caused him some SERIOUS trauma. So this is Owen hiding from the world and whining about his shoes.
This is a sweet picture of Owen and daddy the day before school started. It is freezing cold here now so it was a good thing they were enjoying the outdoors while they still could!

This afternoon we all went to the dentist (fun.. I know). Aiden and Owen were both pretty good and had no cavities. Aiden threw a few fits but hey, I didn't want to go to the dentist either so who can really blame him.

Unfortunately Owen's teeth are pretty bad from his excessive soother use. The dentist assured me that his teeth should recover no problem as soon as he stops using it completely... but if he doesn't do it soon they will have to put some sort of apparatus in his mouth to fix it.

So today I cut up all but one of his soothers and he and I had a talk. I asked him if he would be willing to trade me his soother for a new toy. (My friend Becky gave me this idea- she did it with all 3 of her kids and it worked). So we looked through the sears catalugue and he choose a talking Lightning McQueen car. We will order it and when it comes in he can trade me his soother for it. We'll see how it goes.


Good luck weaning him from the pacifier. I know I'm going to have a lot of issues in the next few months with my daughter.
Looks like PreK was fun!
Lowa said…
Hey, I found you through Jinny's blog. I went to school with her aunt and knew Rolf and Joy.

Anyway, I just wanted to say all three of my sons LOVED their soothers. How we weaned them from them was once they turned three, they could only have them at night. Once they were three and a half, they had to have them every other night. The first few times were hard, but after just a week, they were fine with it. Then by the time their fourth birthday rolled around, they were done and had usually kind of forgotten about it and only used it once in a while. Just an idea you may want to try. If it works for your son to quit cold turkey, that is great too!

I will pray that this all go easy on all of you.

Popular Posts