I saw this on Judy's blog and decided I would like to pass it on. I agree with her that we all have this crazy imaginary audience in our heads passing judgment on us. I maintain this is a trick of Satan to get us feeling crappy about ourselves and when I let that happen I am not letting all God wants for me come through.
The imaginary audience in my head includes (but is not limited to...):
1. the super mom who is perfectly organized and poised and in control at all times and has extremely well behaved children whom she plans creative activities and learning experiences for daily who shakes her head in shock and disbelief at my lack of parenting skills.
2. the perfect pastor's wife who is always an asset to her husbands ministry and tells me if I were more spiritual I'd be better at this.
3. the intellectual who never has trouble keeping up with world events, the latest research into intellectual pursuits, and no mommy-brain moments who mocks my descent into the world of kid's cartoons and poopy diapers.
4. the skinny lady who reminds me how fat I am.
5. the career mom who mocks my stay-at-home-ness.
6. the ultra-spiritual woman with whom I can never compare.
7. that mean lady who always tells me no-one really likes me, they are just being friends with me to be kind.
And the list goes on.
Who's in your imaginary audience that you need to ignore today?